I Hair Tips & Care
To keep your hair looking it’s best every day even with wild, fried, tangled, and frizzy hair seem like a never-ending problem. Follow this simple guide can help. These dos and don’ts will keep your hair in tiptop shape and fashion-forward style.
Make an investment
1. Do invest in a good hair cut. Caring for your locks becomes so much easier when you are sporting a fabulous ‘wash and wear’ style. An overnight repair treatment to strengthen, restore moisture, repair split ends, and increase elasticity, shine, and luster while you sleep.
2. Do wash your hair with the correct products. Dry hair requires a moisture-drenching shampoo that treats and helps rebalance the scalp, strengthens and improves hair’s elasticity and restores essential moisture; while oily hair benefits from frequent shampooing with a purifying, oil-regulating shampoo.
3. Do invest in a good quality clarifying shampoo. Although not designed for regular use, clarifying shampoos work to remove a build-up of product and chemicals. Experts recommend using this type of shampoo a few days before undertaking a color treatment.
4. Do brush your hair each morning. This will help remove dust, dirt and loose scales. It also stimulates the blood supply and distributes sebum along the hair shaft.
5. Don’t use a brush on wet hair. Use a wide-toothed comb instead. Start at the ends, gently working your way up towards the roots.
6. Do brush your hair at night before going to bed. If your hair is long, tilt your head forward and brush from the base of the head forward.
7. Do allow your hair to dry naturally as often as possible. Use a highly absorbent towel to mop up excess moisture then finger dry.
Protect your locks
8. Don’t expose your hair to the sun during the hottest time of the day. Cover up and wear a hat instead.
9. Do wash hair after swimming in chlorinated water.
10. Don’t forget to clean your brushes and combs. Let them soak in warm, soapy water once a week.
11. Do tone on a regular basis. Toning involves regular massage of the scalp. This stimulates the blood supply to the root of the hair follicle.
12. Do nourish your scalp with oil twice weekly. This will help to soften and strengthen graying hair. Choose from almond, coconut or extra-virgin olive oil. Soak a cotton ball in the oil and dab on to the scalp, leave for half an hour then wash with very warm water. Finish with a cold rinse to flatten the cuticle of the hair. The result? Softer, smoother, manageable hair.
13. Do wet your hair before stepping into the pool. When the hair shaft absorbs regular water, it helps negate the damaging effects of swimming in chlorinated water. Better still, wear a swimming cap!
Keep it healthy
14. Don’t tie your hair back too tightly and never when it is wet. This stretches the hair shaft, causing it to break and split.
15. Do eat foods rich in skin and hair enhancing essential fatty acids. By taking care of your diet, the state of your inner health will reflect in the condition of your hair. Be kind to yourself.
16. Don’t over-style. Experts recommend using a blow dryer only for special occasions. At the end of your styling session, switch to cold air. This closes the hair shaft, leaving the hair smooth, glossy and shiny.
17. Don’t forget to keep regular scheduled appointments with your stylist. Making an appointment for a trim every 4 to 6 weeks will leave your hair in tiptop condition.
I Hair Care For Braids